August 2015 M T W T F S S 27 28
World Hepatitis Day
July 28, 2015 UN Mongolia
The Day focuses on raising awareness of the different forms of hepatitis: what they are and how they are transmitted; who is at risk; and the various methods of prevention and treatment.
Despite its staggering toll on health, hepatitis remains a group of diseases that are largely unknown, undiagnosed and untreated.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons
July 30, 2015 UN Mongolia
Trafficking in persons is a serious crime and a grave violation of human rights. Every year, thousands of men, women and children fall into the hands of traffickers, in their own countries and abroad. Almost every country in the world is affected by trafficking, whether as a country of origin, transit or destination for victims.
31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
International Youth Day
August 12, 2015 UN Mongolia
In 1985, the UN celebrated the first International Year of Youth. On its 10th anniversary, the General Assembly adopted the World Programme of Action for Youth, setting a policy framework and guidelines for national action and international support to improve the situation of young people.
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Sierra Leone begins 42-day countdown to be declared free of Ebola virus transmission – UN health agency
- UN refugee agency chief urges Europe to formulate collective response to migrant crisis
- Ebola response panel studying ways to enforce compliance with key UN legal health instrument
- Top tennis player Novak Djokovic takes centre court for children as new UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
- At Security Council, UN envoy says Libyan parties must come together, make ‘final push’ for peace
- As momentum builds for December climate talks in Paris, Ban looks ahead to ‘bold’ outcome
Follow us on
World Environment Day 2013 Mongolia
Mongolia, which is prioritizing a Green Economy shift across its big economic sectors such as mining and promoting environmental awareness among youth, is to host this year’s World Environment Day (WED) celebrations on June 5, the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The theme: Think.Eat.Save!
Read more: English / Mongolian