October 2015 M T W T F S S 28 29 30 1 2
International Day of Non-Violence
3 4 5
World Teacher's Day
October 5, 2015 UN Mongolia
Teachers are an investment for the future of countries. What today’s children will face in adult life cannot be predicted and so the teachers of today and tomorrow need the skills, knowledge and support that will enable them to meet the diverse learning needs of every girl and boy.
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
World Food Day
October 16, 2015 UN Mongolia
On 16 October 1945 the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) was created. In doing so they took another important step forward in man's perpetual struggle against hunger and malnutrition. For through the establishment of FAO the Member Countries provided themselves, and the many other nations that were to enter the Organization, with a mechanism through which its Member Countries could deal with a set of problems that are of major concern to all countries and all people.
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1
- Afghanistan: UN strongly condemns 'tragic, inexcusable' Kunduz hospital airstrike
- UN General Assembly President hails annual debate as ‘historic and seminal’
- At UN, Latin American leaders underline ‘insufficient’ progress, urgent need to address climate change
- Island States at UN call for ‘genuine and durable partnership’ to meet Global Goals
- European leaders at UN Assembly highlight complexity of region’s mass migration crisis
- Oman Minister, in Assembly address, says dialogue is key to dispute settlement
Follow us on
Welcome to the United Nations in Mongolia
World Environment Day 2013 Mongolia
Mongolia, which is prioritizing a Green Economy shift across its big economic sectors such as mining and promoting environmental awareness among youth, is to host this year’s World Environment Day (WED) celebrations on June 5, the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The theme: Think.Eat.Save!
Read more: English / Mongolian