August 2015 M T W T F S S 27 28
World Hepatitis Day
July 28, 2015 UN Mongolia
The Day focuses on raising awareness of the different forms of hepatitis: what they are and how they are transmitted; who is at risk; and the various methods of prevention and treatment.
Despite its staggering toll on health, hepatitis remains a group of diseases that are largely unknown, undiagnosed and untreated.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons
July 30, 2015 UN Mongolia
Trafficking in persons is a serious crime and a grave violation of human rights. Every year, thousands of men, women and children fall into the hands of traffickers, in their own countries and abroad. Almost every country in the world is affected by trafficking, whether as a country of origin, transit or destination for victims.
31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
International Youth Day
August 12, 2015 UN Mongolia
In 1985, the UN celebrated the first International Year of Youth. On its 10th anniversary, the General Assembly adopted the World Programme of Action for Youth, setting a policy framework and guidelines for national action and international support to improve the situation of young people.
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Donors urged to meet critical funding shortfall faced by UN agency assisting Palestinian refugees
- Millions left in need after funding shortage forces UN health agency to cut services in Iraq
- US leadership, support vital to host of global issues, UN chief stresses at White House
- Cyclone Komen further burdens thousands of displaced people in western Myanmar – UN agencies
- UN envoy on Yemen presses on towards political solution with meetings in Cairo
- Burundi: UN condemns assassination attempt on leading human rights defender
Follow us on
World Environment Day 2013 Mongolia
Mongolia, which is prioritizing a Green Economy shift across its big economic sectors such as mining and promoting environmental awareness among youth, is to host this year’s World Environment Day (WED) celebrations on June 5, the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The theme: Think.Eat.Save!
Read more: English / Mongolian