July 2015 M T W T F S S 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
World Hepatitis Day
July 28, 2015 UN Mongolia
The Day focuses on raising awareness of the different forms of hepatitis: what they are and how they are transmitted; who is at risk; and the various methods of prevention and treatment.
Despite its staggering toll on health, hepatitis remains a group of diseases that are largely unknown, undiagnosed and untreated.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons
July 30, 2015 UN Mongolia
Trafficking in persons is a serious crime and a grave violation of human rights. Every year, thousands of men, women and children fall into the hands of traffickers, in their own countries and abroad. Almost every country in the world is affected by trafficking, whether as a country of origin, transit or destination for victims.
31 1 2
- Urging end to violence, UN Middle East envoy warns of rise in security-related incidents in West Bank
- AIDS is a 'human rights issue,' Ban declares, launching major new UN report in Barbados
- Destruction at Syria's Palmyra site 'perverse' attempt to deny Syrian people their heritage, UNESCO chief warns
- Children bearing brunt of ongoing political instability and violence in Burundi, UN warns
- Ebola: as virus resurfaces in Liberia, UNICEF teams and supplies arrive in affected areas
- Adequate, targeted financing key to people-centred sustainable development – UN official
Follow us on
World Environment Day 2013 Mongolia
Mongolia, which is prioritizing a Green Economy shift across its big economic sectors such as mining and promoting environmental awareness among youth, is to host this year’s World Environment Day (WED) celebrations on June 5, the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The theme: Think.Eat.Save!
Read more: English / Mongolian